I’m a fan of wrapping things up. I dig closure…
Happy FriYAY! Happy Summer! Happy two-year blogiversary to Eat Heal Thrive!
Let’s up the happy ante with this delish recipe, which is oh-so summery and refreshing that it gives me the warm fuzzies in a sunshine-and-beachballs sorta way.
Watermelon is great. It really is. But when you add in a zip of lime zest and juice as well as aromatic bits of fresh mint, watermelon becomes categorically “Oh. Em. Gee. Amaze.” (Girls reference: Have I mentioned ever that I totally heart Lena Dunham?)
So get your fine self some watermelon and make a batch of this salad — a healthy, entirely scrumpsh treat!
Refreshing Watermelon Salad with Lime and Mint (AIP, Paleo, SCD)
Author: Martine Partridge
Recipe type: Sides / Treats
- ⅓ c filtered water
- 2 tbsp honey
- ¼ c lime juice
- 2 tsp lime zest
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 5-6 c seedless watermelon chunks
- Combine the water, honey and lime juice in a small saucepan and bring to a gentle boil. Reduce heat and simmer about 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat and cool.
- Cut watermelon into chunks and place in a large bowl.
- Add lime zest and fresh mint.
- Pour cooled water-honey-lime mixture over the watermelon. Toss gently and serve.