Maybe you want to mix things up a bit this…
Citrus all the things! Why? Because you can’t beat the satisfying zip, tang, and bite of citrus fruit. Oranges, lemons, and limes (to name a few) are pretty much perfection on the palate with their versatility. Put them in dessert? Scrumptious! Use them to dress up a savoury dish? Yes, please!
This recipe for Orange Creamsicle Dressing uses two whole oranges as well as an entire lemon, and so, as you can well imagine, this mixture packs a citrusy punch. And yet the sweetness of a tablespoon of honey and a wee bit of vanilla powder tempers the pucker power of the orange and lemon, rendering a most pleasing flavour profile.
I was inspired to create this recipe by a similar one that appears in the cookbook that came with my Vitamix. Of course, I had to tweak here and there to make this AIP and SCD friendly, but I’m thrilled with the results, as were my taste testers.
And here’s a bonus – this dressing makes two cups’ worth and can easily be used as a marinade for fish and poultry. So there you go — maximise this delicious Orange Creamsicle Dressing by jazzing up all kinds of dishes!
Orange Creamsicle Dressing (AIP, Paleo, SCD)
Author: Martine Partridge
Recipe type: Condiment / Dressing
Serves: 2 cups
- 2 oranges, peeled, seeded, and halved
- 1 lemon, peeled, seeded, and halved
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp vanilla powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ c EVOO
- Place oranges, lemon, honey, apple cider vinegar, vanilla powder, and salt in a high speed blender. Secure lid and blend. (If you have the option, you can start with a low variable and increase to a medium variable speed.)
- Remove the lid plug and slowly pour the EVOO through the plug opening until emulsified.
- Store in a glass jar. Keeps in the refrigerator for several days.