We do a lot of feasting this time of year,…
Happy Holidays, Dear Readers!
The weather outside is frightening. These Canadian prairie provinces really know how to do it up Siberian style. Sheesh. It’s cold enough to freeze the gonads off a brass monkey, as my pops always says.
But the thought of cozying up inside with your near and dear over something mulled or nog-ish along with a plate full of seasonal treats? Well, that warms the cockles of your heart, doesn’t it?
These No-Bake Fruit Cake Bites are perfectly festive; they taste so much like that traditional boozy Christmas Cake that makes the rounds this time of year, except, of course, without the booze and grains and dairy. Plus no-bake is a defo YES in my books!
Make these for your next happy gathering with family and friends. Everyone will enjoy the festive-flavoured noms.
No-Bake Fruit Cake Bites (AIP, Paleo, SCD)
Author: Martine Partridge
Recipe type: Treats
Serves: 12 Bites
- 1 c dates, pitted
- ¼ c dried apricots, roughly chopped (about 5)
- ¼ c dried cherries
- ¼ c raisins
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- ½ tsp orange zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp coconut butter, softened
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground allspice (Use ground cloves instead if following AIP.)
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 2-3 tbsp arrowroot flour for rolling (Omit if following SCD.)
- pinch of cinnamon for sprinkling
- Place all ingredients in a food processor. Process on high to combine all ingredients until a ball forms.
- Using a generous teaspoon measure, roll the mixture into balls and place on a sheet of parchment or plate.
- Once complete, roll each ball in the arrowroot powder or dust lightly. Sprinkle each No-Bake Fruit Cake Bite with a pinch of cinnamon.
- Transfer the No-Bake Fruit Cake Bites to an airtight container and refrigerate for one hour to set. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to five days.