I’ve steamed it and I’ve roasted it. I’ve let it…
We do a lot of feasting this time of year, don’t we? We munch and nibble and savour. But we also sip.
So today’s recipe is for those sippin’ moments. And today’s recipe is also for the peeps who can’t tolerate ingredients like dairy, refined sugar, and eggs.
If you are not following elimination-phase AIP and love nutmeg as much as I do, then you can replace the 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon and the 1/4 teaspoon of mace with 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg. Both variations are super yum!
You can enjoy this Holiday Nog while the chestnuts roast by an open fire and while Jack Frost nips at your nose. Because everybody knows that tasty nog helps make the season bright. 😉
Holiday Nog (AIP, Paleo, SCD)
Author: Martine Partridge
Recipe type: Beverage / Treats
Serves: 3 cups or 6 servings
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 c apple cider (a.k.a. unpasteurized apple juice)
- 4-6 dates, pitted
- 2 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp mace
- ⅛ tsp turmeric
- pinch of sea salt
- Optional cinnamon or grated/ground nutmeg (if not following elimination-phase AIP) sprinkled on top
- Place all ingredients in a Vitamix or blender and process until smooth and creamy.
- Pour Holiday Nog into individual glasses and garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon or grated nutmeg.