Happy day! No more waiting, my friends! The Paleo AIP…
Cue Meghan Trainor music because I’m all about that soup, ‘bout that soup…
I really am all about the soup these days. For the last several Sundays, as part of my batch cooking session, I’ve been making a big pot of soup to last me most of the week.
And I’m especially loving up this recipe for Golden Carrot & Parsnip Soup, which was inspired from a delicious soup my mom used to make that contained carrots (yes, yum), broth (yes, double yum), rice (ah, no), and butter (goodness gracious, no!). Subbing the parsnips for the rice renders an uncannily similar flavour, though, thanks to the AIP-compliant starchy veg.
Did you know that #breakfastsoup is a thing? Yeah, that’s right, a most scrumptious and nourishing thing. Soup for breakfast, especially when you have a batch in the fridge ready to go, can make your AIP breakfast-ing and mornings run much more smoothly. No need to fuss. Simply put a serving in a pot, heat to desired temp on stove top, slurp, and go.
I often have a bowl of this soup in the morning with sides of protein (liverwurst patties are my current go-to) and sautéed green leafy (usually collards or kale). Or sometimes when I’m feeling a little sassy, I crumble or chop my protein and add it along with my sautéed green leafy right in with the soup. I stir and happily nom away.
Why not try having a lovely bowl of Carrot & Parnsip Soup for breaky this week? Or for lunch? Or for dindin? If you have a batch ready to go, your options are endless.
Golden Carrot & Parsnip Soup (Paleo, AIP, Whole30, 21DSD)
Recipe type: Main or Side Dish
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2 medium to large carrots, sliced
- 4 medium parsnips, sliced
- Salt to taste
- 5 cups broth
- chopped chives for garnish (optional)
- In a large pot, heat oil.
- Sauté onion, garlic, and ginger for 5 minutes. Add the carrots, parsnips, salt, and broth.
- Bring to a boil. Turn down the heat and simmer covered for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Puree all ingredients until smooth.
- Return pot to stove top and reheat. Or allow to cool and put in fridge for reheating later.