Some seriously sage words come from that Crayola-blue hued Muppet,…
I’ll never stop crushing on ginger or cabbage or carrots. Ginger is so fine with all its zip and zing. Cabbage is as equally fab with its tremendous versatility. And carrots are always so wonderfully resourceful; whether they’re steamed or roasted or sautéed or raw, carrots consistently please many a palate.
We eat this Ginger-Fried Cabbage and Carrots with anything. It compliments other vegetables splendidly and makes a nice side for all sorts of protein, but we’re especially fond of it with pulled pork. Yum-oh. Get it in my tum-oh.
So if your kitchen isn’t currently stocked with ginger, cabbage, and carrots, I hope you’ll run out and get some STAT so that you too can enjoy nomming on this flavourful side!
Ginger Fried Cabbage and Carrots (AIP, Paleo, Vegan)
Author: Martine Partridge
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1 tbsp. ginger, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 c green cabbage, shredded
- 2 carrots, julienned or grated (about 1.5-2 c)
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. coconut aminos
- ¼ c green onion, chopped
- In a large skillet, heat oil on medium high. Add garlic and ginger. Cook until fragrant, about one minute.
- Add cabbage and carrot. Cook until soft, about 6-8 minutes.
- Remove the cabbage and carrot mix from the heat. Stir in coconut aminos, vinegar, and green onion. Serve.