Before I knew better, I used to drink (almost daily…
Stone fruit is having its annual moment of good golly glory. Are you loving up all the plums and nectarines and apricots and peaches as much as I am?!
The peaches have been particularly spectacular this year, so with that bounty comes this Cucumber-Peach Salsa, which makes a lovely addition to grilled chicken. I’ve also been enjoying this Cucumber-Peach Salsa in place of a more traditional dressing on my daily lunchtime salad. And I’ll be serving up this scrumptious salsa for company tomorrow as a scoop-able condiment with plantain chips. Flavourful options are versatility are good things indeed!
So if you’re looking for a refreshing, zippy bite of seasonal flavour to jazz up pretty much whatevs you want, this Cucumber-Peach Salsa has got you covered.
Cucumber-Peach Salsa (AIP, Paleo, SCD, Whole30)
Author: Martine Partridge
Recipe type: Condiment / Sides
Serves: 4 cups
- 2 c. English cucumber, diced
- 2 peaches, peeled, pitted and chopped
- ¼ c. red onion, minced
- ¼ c. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh mint, chopped
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ tsp. fresh ginger, grated
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- Mix all ingredients together in a medium bowl and serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.