Memories are fickle things. I find we often recall otherwise…
I can’t wait to serve this up at my next dinner party. I’ll have everything pre-prepped in the fridge. Once we start dinner, I’ll discreetly place the dish in the oven and let the fragrance of the tangy orange and sweet bananas waft about, tempting and tantalizing my guests who’ll excitedly wonder, “Oh, what goodness awaits?” And then KAPOW! I’ll pop the Citrus-Baked Bananas out of the oven and wowza-wow everyone with such a lovely and delectable dessert.
Citrus-Baked Bananas (AIP, Paleo, Vegan)
Recipe type: Treat
- 4 bananas, halved lengthwise, then quartered and cut into sections
- 1 tsp arrowroot flour
- ⅔ c freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tsp orange zest
- ¼ c medium-shredded dried coconut
- 1 tbsp. coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease a baking dish with coconut oil.
- Place the banana pieces in the greased baking dish.
- Whisk the arrowroot flour with the orange juice and pour over the bananas.
- In a small bowl, mix the coconut, orange zest, and coconut sugar and sprinkle over the banana pieces.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm.