Raw carrots are one of my favourite, most crunchiest, munchiest…
Today’s recipe is inspired by all of you lovely readers. Trusty blog stats tell me that you adore the Carrot Cake Breakfast Cereal I posted almost a year ago.
So riffing off one nommy thing to make an equally nommy thing is the name of the game today. This Chai Spice & Pear N’Oatmeal is all kinds of swoony swoons. You’re going to love the combo of warm, fragrant chai spices sweetened entirely naturally by the addition of chopped pear and apple cider.
Oh, yeah. And on that note…just to be clear about these recipes of mine that call for apple cider.
Apple cider is basically unfiltered apple juice (see photo for the brand I like), and while indeed some days start out like royal doozies that might make you want to reach for the hard – ahem, alcoholic — apple cider before a respectable hour, I’m not advocating that in this recipe. Nor am I asking you to add in half a cup of apple cider VINEGAR because that would be categorically gross.
Now that we’ve cleared up that, what are you waiting for?! Get thee to the kitchen to make this wonderful egg-free, grain-free, gluten-free, dairy-free dish. Breakfast, YO.
Chai Spice & Pear N'Oatmeal (AIP, Paleo, SCD)
Author: Martine Partridge
Recipe type: Breakfast
Serves: 4 servings
- 2 c cooked spaghetti squash
- 2 medium pears peeled, cored, and chopped (about 1.5 c)
- ½ c apple cider (See note above in post.)
- ¼ c coconut milk
- ¾ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ginger
- ⅛ tsp cloves
- ⅛ tsp mace
- pinch of sea salt
- Optional Toppings: chopped dates, chopped pear, shredded coconut
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer. Allow to simmer for 5-7 minutes until thickened. Using a hand-held blender process a couple of times to achieve an oatmeal- or porridge-like texture.
- Remove from heat and serve garnished with optional toppings and an additional drizzle of coconut milk.