Hey, hey, hey, Peeps! Many traditional holiday dishes contain ingredients…
I love a good dip, don’t you?
However, I’ve found that enjoying dips while AIP-ing can be rather difficult since many recipes are mayo-based. Eggs are a staple ingredient in making mayonnaise, but eggs are, of course, not part of the AIP elimination phase. An alternative to mayonnaise is coconut milk or cream, which would be AIP-friendly, but many peeps just can’t tolerate coconut.
No eggs? No coconut? No problem whatsoever because this egg-free, coconut-free Avo-Lemon-Dill Dip is delicious and velvety and oh-so perfect for dipping and dunking. Who needs icky processed ranch dip for veggies when you can have this tangy, creamy dip instead.
Dip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah, Dip-A-Dee-Ay. My, oh my, what a wonderful day when you can nom on the deliciousness of this Avo-Lemon-Dill Dip!
PS: Stay tuned because I have a lovely recipe coming up later this week for something that pairs splendidly with this dip.
Avo-Lemon-Dill Dip (Paleo, AIP)
Recipe type: Condiment / Dip
- 1 cup zucchini, peeled and chopped
- ½ avocado
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- ½ tsp honey
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh dill, chopped
- pinch of salt
- Steam or simmer zucchini in small amount of water for 5 minutes. Drain.
- Combine zucchini, avocado, lemon zest, lemon juice, honey, olive oil, dill and salt.
- Use a hand blender or a small blender (like a Nutri-Bullet) to combine.
- Makes about ¾ of a cup.