Mmmmm...our family loves these pretty-in-pink marshmallows. Once my mom perfected…
Cauliflower — a vegetable often adored in its riced form.
Sometimes, though, this girl’s brain breaks at the thought of tediously standing over the food processor, mindlessly pushing florets through the shredder blade. And those little “grains” of riced cauli? They get freaking EV-ER-Ywhere. (Note: Canada hasn’t yet embraced the ready-made riced cauliflower I see so many American Instagrammers picking up at Trader Joe’s. We like to do it the hard way up here in the Great White North, I guess.)
Yeah, I’m so not into ricing cauliflower these days.
But I’m into shaking and baking it in a most delicious and delightfully nightshade-free “spicy” way. Mmmmhmmmm. These Shake N’ Bake Moroccan Cauli Bites are gettin’ down in Yumtown.
You and your peeps are going to love this roasted cauliflower recipe. I promise because my husband who is ambivalent about cauliflower helped himself to seconds. Yaaay for flavah flave.
Shake N' Bake Moroccan Cauli Bites (AIP, Paleo, SCD, Whole30)
Author: Martine Partridge
Recipe type: Side Dish
Serves: 4-6 servings
- 1 head cauliflower, trimmed and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp ground thyme
- ½ tsp granulated garlic
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine all the spices.
- IN a large ziplock or plastic bag, toss the cauliflower with the oil. Add the spice mixture and shake to thoroughly coat all pieces.
- Spread out on prepared baking sheet and roast for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and just tender.
- Remove from oven to serving dish. Drizzle with lemon juice and sprinkle with fresh cilantro before serving.