Hey, hey, hey, Peeps! Many traditional holiday dishes contain ingredients…
Around this time last year I developed a fondness for the white sweet potato. The typical orange-fleshed sweet potatoes, or yams, are okay; and while I’ve come around on them somewhat, I still find the sweetness of this latter type cloying.
But the white sweet potato, like the Hannah or the Jersey? Well these guys are great! Their sweetness is rather tempered, allowing for a fuller range of flavour possibilities.
Recently we’ve been enjoying letting those white sweets shine in this Roasted Sweet Potato Salad with Pistou. I don’t do well with super low-carb, and so a serving of this is just perfect at dinner with some greens and a protein.
Get making some of that delish Pistou so you too can nom on this fab side dish.
Roasted Sweet Potato Salad with Pistou (AIP, Paleo, Vegan, Whole30)
Author: Martine Partridge
Recipe type: Side
- 5-6 cups white sweet potato, cubed
- 2 tsp EVOO
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ⅓ c red onion, finely diced
- 2 tbsp. pistou sauce (recipe in previous post)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss the sweet potatoes with EVOO and spread on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Toss and continue to cook for another 10 minutes, until just tender.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Transfer to a serving dish and toss with red onion and pistou sauce.