Cranberry and pork are soul mates. Yep, those two are…
Citrus all the things! Why? Because you can’t beat the satisfying zip, tang, and bite of citrus fruit. Oranges, lemons, and limes (to name a few) are pretty much perfection on the palate with their versatility. Put them in dessert? Scrumptious! Use them to dress up a savoury dish? Yes, please!
This recipe for Orange Creamsicle Dressing uses two whole oranges as well as an entire lemon, and so, as you can well imagine, this mixture packs a citrusy punch. And yet the sweetness of a tablespoon of honey and a wee bit of vanilla powder tempers the pucker power of the orange and lemon, rendering a most pleasing flavour profile.
I was inspired to create this recipe by a similar one that appears in the cookbook that came with my Vitamix. Of course, I had to tweak here and there to make this AIP and SCD friendly, but I’m thrilled with the results, as were my taste testers.
And here’s a bonus – this dressing makes two cups’ worth and can easily be used as a marinade for fish and poultry. So there you go — maximise this delicious Orange Creamsicle Dressing by jazzing up all kinds of dishes!
Orange Creamsicle Dressing (AIP, Paleo, SCD)
Author: Martine Partridge
Recipe type: Condiment / Dressing
Serves: 2 cups
- 2 oranges, peeled, seeded, and halved
- 1 lemon, peeled, seeded, and halved
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp vanilla powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ c EVOO
- Place oranges, lemon, honey, apple cider vinegar, vanilla powder, and salt in a high speed blender. Secure lid and blend. (If you have the option, you can start with a low variable and increase to a medium variable speed.)
- Remove the lid plug and slowly pour the EVOO through the plug opening until emulsified.
- Store in a glass jar. Keeps in the refrigerator for several days.