I’ve been getting wonderful feedback on the Pumpkin Pie Squares…
On the eve of St. Patrick’s Day, delicious Irish fare is, like, *so* on trend. I’m enamoured with the corned beef and cabbage situation on Insta these days. In fact, my dad and I are currently doting over a 5-pound brisket that is happily bathing in a brine we started a few days too late and so won’t nom on until this weekend. Alas…
How about some jazzed-up, totes AIP, utterly delish fish cakes to add to your St. Patty’s menu?
I’m also excited by the addition of one of Primal Palate’s AIP spice blends in this recipe. If you’ve AIP-ed with the best of ‘em, you know how difficult it can be to source nightshade-free spices. Those persnickety plants of the Solanum genus can be horribly inflammatory, triggering nasty symptoms for many an AIer. Fret no more, nightshade-free peeps. Primal Palate has got you covered with not one but three delicious AIP spice blends!
These Lemon-Herb Fish cakes use the Primal Palate Garlic & Herb blend along with the juice and zest of fresh lemon. The white sweet potato in these fish cakes makes for a great, carby base so that all you need to add for a complete meal are some greens.
What’s more, these fish cakes are fab any time of day or year. You need not eat them just in honour of that patron saint of Ireland. Whip them up whenever for some serious yums.
Lemon-Herb Fish Cakes (AIP, Paleo)
Author: Martine Partridge
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 2 c cooked, cooled, and mashed white sweet potato
- 8 oz. cooked, flaked white fish (about 2 c)
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 0.5-1 tsp sea salt
- 1.5 tsp Primal Palate's Garlic and Herb Seasoning
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- oil for frying
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cooled, mashed sweet potato, flaked fish, lemon juice, lemon zest, Primal Palate Garlic and Herb seasoning, green onion, and parsley. Mix well.
- Shape into fish cakes using a rough ⅓ cup measure.
- Place on a parchment-lined plate.
- Heat oil in skillet and cook the fish cakes two to three at a time over medium heat until golden brown. This takes about 4-5 minutes per side.
- Remove from heat and serve with additional lemon wedges if desired.