Necessity Is the Mother of Invention Here's a culinary conundrum…
When you mix two tablespoons of this Green Onion Sauce with two tablespoons of coconut aminos, you have a splendid dipping sauce for the Green Onion Cakes. But, much like the ginger-scallion sauce that has taken the Instagram world by storm, you can maximize this condiment’s usage by pairing it with a whole array of other ingredients — poached chicken, roasted pork tenderloin, white fish, and even scrambled eggs!
Green Onion Dipping Sauce (AIP, Paleo, Vegan)
Author: Martine Partridge
Recipe type: Condiment
Serves: ½ cup
- ¼ c oil
- 1 c. green onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp. fresh ginger, minced
- ¼ tsp. lemon zest
- ¼ - ½ tsp. sea salt
- Heat oil in a small sauce pan or wok on medium heat. Add green onion, ginger, lemon zest and salt. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight jar for one week.
- For Green Onion Dipping Sauce, mix together 2 tbsp. of green onion sauce with 2 tbsp. of coconut aminos.