On the eve of St. Patrick’s Day, delicious Irish fare…
So if I’m urging you to citrus all the things, then I guess I ought to offer you some things on which to go all citrus.
Let me start with this Citrus Summer Salad; it’s simple and delicious and will certainly remain in our regular rotation this coming season with the wonderful availability of fresh produce. All you need is lettuce, ruby red grapefruit, red onion, red cabbage and some of that lovely Orange Creamsicle Dressing I recently posted. Add a serving of protein (mackerel is my favourite), and you’ve got yourself a fabulous meal.
Bring on the tang, zip, and crunch of this Citrus Summer Salad!
Citrus Summer Salad
Recipe type: Salad
- 1 head of lettuce (Romaine or butter are my favourites), washed, dried, and torn
- 1 ruby red grapefruit, peeled and divided into segments
- ½ c red onion, diced fine
- 2 c red cabbage, finely shredded
- Orange Creamsicle Dressing
- Put the lettuce, grapefruit, onion, and cabbage in a large salad bowl. Toss
- Drizzle with the Orange Creamsicle Dressing and toss lightly.
- Optional: Garnish with strips of orange zest.