In honour of Meatball Monday and as a way to…
Ahhhh, yeah. This Caramel Sauce is def going down because something extra spesh-ee-al is going down on the blog tomorrow. Canadian Thanksgiving is only days away now, and the recipe repertoire is not complete without a festive treat.
In the meantime, you’re going to want to get a load of this this nectar-of-the-gods-good Caramel Sauce in order to participate in the decadence coming to the blog tomorrow.
Stay tuned! xx
Caramel Sauce (AIP, Paleo)
Author: Martine Partridge
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 1¼ cups
- ½ c coconut sugar
- ¼ c honey
- ¼ c coconut butter, softened
- 1 c coconut milk
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (Use alcohol-free version for AIP.)
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, stir the coconut sugar, honey, and coconut butter. Combine thoroughly.
- Add coconut milk. Stir.
- Bring to a gentle boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes until the sauce begins to thicken. (NOTE: The sauce will thicken more as it cools.)
- Remove from the heat and stir in 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract. Set the sauce aside to cool.
- Unused portions can be stored in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. This sauce can also be made in advance and gently reheated or used cold.