This Rustic Root Vegetable Mash is chockablock full of flavah…
I’m fickle with my culinary crushes. And this time of year, when the bounty of fresh fare abounds, I waffle back and forth between favourite foods like a squee-ing preteen does potential significant others when playing MASH.
Here’s what I know right now. Blueberries and basil belong together, intricately and wonderfully bound in a flavour profile pairing that is the best of both sweet and savoury with a good dose of the oh-so freakishly aromatic.
Keep those beloved bluebs and basil together. Separating them would be like breaking up the band, and you don’t want to do that. I mean…what are the Barenaked Ladies without Steven Page? A big, fat nothing, I tell ya!
The coconut yogurt (coyo) is what renders the creamiest of textures here. And if you have an instant pot, be sure to check out Flame to Fork’s method for making coyo. Alternatively, you can use the oven method as outlined in The Paleo Approach Cookbook, pages 118-119.
Drizzle, dunk, or dip: this Blueberry-Basil Dressing has got you covered.
Blueberry-Basil Dressing (AIP, Paleo)
Recipe type: Condiment
- 1 c coconut yogurt
- ½ c fresh blueberries
- 2 tbsp. EVOO
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp. fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- pinch of sea salt
- 2-4 tbsp. of filtered water, added to your desired consistency for that drizzling, dunking, or dipping!
- Combine all ingredients together.
- Use a traditional upright blender or an immersion blender and process all ingredients until smooth.
- Chill until read to serve.